Supply Chain Management Information Resource
Supply Chain Management links for professionals and researchers
Supply Chain Management is the process of moving products/raw materials and information between suppliers and customers. In the 1990s, Supply Chain Management emerged as an area in which companies could streamline operations, saving both time and money. For example, supply chain management objectives might include reducing lead times, lowering inventories, or finding ways to improve forecasting to better cope with shifts in demand. The ultimate goal of supply chain management may go beyond competitive advantage and saving money; better use of resources and technology will lead to cleaner, more efficient industries, better product and service integration across products and companies, and more effective transportation networks that reduce congestion and wear and tear on critical infrastructure.
Supply Chain Management Information Resource Contents:
- Information, Education, Training
- Consultants and Services
- Books, Newsletters, Other Publications
- Groups and Associations
- Software Companies
Information, Education, Training
Consultants and Services
Books, Newsletters, Other Publications
- "The Practice of Supply Chain Management: Where Theory and Application Converge", edited by Terry Harrison, Hau Lee, and John Neale. Kluwer Academic Publishing, 2003.
- "Designing and Managing the Supply Chain", by Simchi-Levi, Kaminsky & Simchi-Levi, second edition, McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- "The Supply Chain Network @ Internet Speed", by Fred A. Kuglin and Barbara A. Rosenbaum. AMACOM, 2001.
- "Production Operations and Analysis", by Steven Nahmias, McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- "Modeling the Supply Chain", by Jeremy F. Shapiro. Duxbury Press, 2000.
- "Advanced Supply Chain Management", by Charles Poirer, Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc., 1999.
- "Strategic Supply Chain Alignment", edited by John Gattorna. Gower Publishing Ltd, 1998.
- "Logistics and Supply Chain Management", by Martin Christopher, Financial Times/Prentice Hall, 1998.
- "Supercharging Supply Chains", by Gene Tyndall et al., John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
- "Global Operations and Logistics: Text and Cases", by Dornier, Ernst, Fender & Kouvelis, John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
- "The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement", by Eliyahu M. Goldratt. North River Press Publishing Corporation, 1992.
- Supply Chain Management Review (new window)
Supply Chain Management Review, published by Reed Business Information
- Inbound Logistics (new window)
- Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management (new window)
- Journal of Internet Purchasing (new window)
- Journal of Supply Chain Management (new window)
- Cadre Technologies (new window)
Warehouse management, fulfillment, ordering and billing systems
- Descartes Systems Group, Inc. (new window)
Routing, transportation, connectivity, asset visibility
- HighJump Software (new window)
Supply chain management, execution and logistics
- JDA (new window)
Supply Chain optimization software (acquired i2 and Manugistics)
- Oracle (new window)
Inventory reduction, collaboration, quality/delivery management
- SAP (new window)
- Supply Chain Management Online Courses (new window)
Supply Chain training for effective change management
- One Network (new window)
Real-time value network
- Verian Technologies (new window)
Spend management/supplier relationship management
For more, see Yahoo listing:
- Yahoo Directory for Supply Chain Software
Last update: July 26, 2012